Shaw Main Streets is creating a sustainable, self-sufficient business district where residents and visitors can find everything within this vibrant, walkable community.
What's Happening in Shaw
- Take a Trip Through the Past: Shaw 1968 Riots Walking Tour, 08/08/18
Learn about the devastating effects of the April 1968 riots following the assassination of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and see how Shaw's 7th Street corridor has risen from the ashes during a free Ward 6 Week walking tour.
- SHAW CUTS 15 RIBBONS FOR NEW BUSINESSES, JULY 30, 2018
DC Councilmembers, DSLBD Director Snip Their Way through #ShawDC
- Shaw Open House Returns 06/16/18 with Fun, Freebies and a Scavenger Hunt
Dozens of Shaw businesses open their doors and offer free samples and prizes to visitors in neighborhood tradition.
- A Taste of Shaw Returns to the Howard Theatre, 04/18/18: Tickets on Sale Now!
Advance purchase tickets are $80 ($100 at door) and include unlimited tastings from 20+ top Shaw restaurants and bars, plus beer and wine, live entertainment, and complimentary valet parking!
- 50 Years Ago in Shaw: Remembering 1968 with Videos and a Tour
New videos featuring images of 1968 and voices of Shaw residents recalling the April 1968 uprisings, plus a walking tour of 7th Street
See More Photos